English Language Centre (ESL)
English VersionPortguguese VersionChinese VersionGerman VersionJapanese VersionKorean VersionSpanish VersionFrench VersionItalian VersionTurkish VersionArabic VersionThai Version


Help / FAQ

English Work Experience Program Information

Does the English Language Centre have a work experience program?

No, but we have a volunteer experience program! Please visit our programs page to learn more.

Can I work when I am in Victoria?

Some countries have working holiday agreements with Canada and students may be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa. Please check with your local Canadian embassy to learn more.


Contact Us
+1 (250) 721-8469


In order to perform maintenance on the UVic servers, there will be intermittent outages this Thursday, April 24 from 6 to 8 am (Pacific Time). You may not be able to log in to your courses during this period.

If you experience any problems after 8 am on Thursday, April 24, please contact the Onlinehelp Desk at 250-721-8476 (toll-free 1-888-721-8476 in North America) or by email at