The Humanities Diploma Program will change the way you see the world. It may also change the way the world sees you.
Through university courses that connect to your ideas about life, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build your studies around what interests you
- Experience a supportive environment from application through to completion
- Create a study schedule to fit your life
- Attend orientation sessions in writing, research, computer and study skills
The program is designed to provide you with an integrated course of full- or part-time study in the humanities. It can also be an effective introduction to university study. Its flexibility will enable you to choose, in consultation with a faculty coordinator, a particular topic, theme, or area of study, including specific humanities courses, from a wide range of options such as:
- Germanic and Slavic studies
- Greek and Roman studies
- Hispanic and Italian studies
- Medieval studies
- Pacific and Asian studies
- Religious studies
- Women's studies
Furthermore, Humanities Diploma students have the flexibility to arrange a selection of day or evening courses directed towards the topic of their choice. Emphasis will be placed on interdisciplinary approaches, in order to make full use of the resources of all Humanities Departments at the university.
Admission and completion requirements
- Bring your life experience - no formal academic qualifications required
- Each student's program will be made up of courses totalling 18 or more units.
- Diploma candidates will be expected to maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 4 (B-).
- You must complete the program, on a full- or part-time basis, within a maximum period of six years.