We are now providing downloadable podcasts of selected Continuing Studies lectures and public presentations. Choose a podcast that interests you then download it to your computer or mobile device (iPod, MP3 player).
We will be adding more podcasts to the archive on an ongoing basis.
Corporatizing the University: Risks and Opportunities
Fall 2011 Public Issues Community Forum
Should universities be involved in initiatives that have commercial value? Is academic freedom and instructional quality adversely affected in universities that have moved closer to the marketplace or is increased commercialization an important strategy for survival in difficult economic times?
- Tatiana Gounko, PhD, Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership Studies, UVic
- Heather McRae, EdD, Program Director for the Arts and Science unit, Division of Continuing Studies, UVic
- Edward Pullman, former UVSS Director of Finance; Department of Political Science and School of Public Administration, UVic
- Martin Taylor, PhD, President and CEO of Ocean Networks Canada, including the VENUS and NEPTUNE Canada network, part of the UVic-owned Ocean Networks Canada Observatory, and the Ocean Networks Centre for Enterprise and Engagement.
- CHAIR: Nilanjana Roy, PhD, Department of Economics, UVic.